Saturday 21 October 2017

Birthday 57 - Launching Book Two

Hirst Wood, Leeds-Liverpool Canal, Emporio Italia, Birthday Cake made by Sue and Brian
Numbers
11, 13, 16, 18, 21, 25, 30, 40, 50…. they’re all birthdays marked with random “significance,” being round numbers or milestones of growing up. Why not celebrate 57? It’s the sixteenth discrete semiprime number, after all. There were (supposedly) 57 varieties of Heinz flavours. In the (much-missed) Joss Whedon series Firefly, there was a brigade called The 57th Overlanders. And in 2017 I achieved the mature age of 57….
Happy Birthday to Me!
Back to the grindstone
After this weekend I’ll be diving back into my dystopian trilogy, Rhenium Tales. I had a break during September and October to breathe, think, research and assess the wood rather than the trees. I feel ready and raring to go. Slash, burn, rearrange. Friends Sue and Brian have bestowed upon me priorities, snapshots and factoids about sailing in hot climates – in and out of the islands of an archipelago. Time to launch Book 2….
Birthday Breakfast, Lunch, Tea and Cake....

No comments:

Post a Comment